How to make Rose Water:
Collect 4 cups of fragrant rose petals, usually dark red and mauve roses have the richest fragrance. Be sure that NO Pesticides have been used upon the roses that are to be used for this!
* Place 2 cups of rose petals in a 3-quart saucepan.
Reserve the remaining 2 cups of rose petals in a large heatproof bowl.
* Boil approximately 2 quarts of water. Pour enough boiling water over petals to cover them in the saucepan.
* Cover pan tightly with a lid or aluminum foil. Let steep for 15 minutes. Do Not Heat!
* Place a fine-mesh strainer over the heatproof bowl with the reserved fresh rose petals in it.
Pour liquid from saucepan through a fine-mesh strainer onto the fresh rose petals.
Cover bowl. Discard the first batch of steeped rose petals.
* After contents of bowl have cooled, pour contents of bowl through strainer again and into a glass jar. Use this rose water immediately or
refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.